Teeth can lose their brightness and white colour for many reasons. Whether it’s because of aging,tobacco using, staining drinks and food or certain medications; yellow coloured teeth affect the smile and steal its beauty.
Teeth whitening or bleaching in Turkey, becomes more and more demanded to restore the original teeth brightness. Therefore, you can find different kind of products that promise to bring the white colour back, and that might be confusing to many people to chose the right product.
What is teeth whitening procedure ?
Teeth whitening procedure involves bleaching products that contains either, hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. These are bleaches that break the stain into small pieces which makes the teeth look brighter.
What are the teeth whitening options in our dental clinic in turkey ?
You have multiple options to bring back the shine to your smile. However, you should ask your dentist about the appropriate method for you.
- In-office bleaching : The dentist will apply the whitening gel directly to your teeth, and may combine it with heat, special light or laser. To protect your gum, a rubber shield or a protective gel will be applied. In-office bleaching provides the quickest result of whitening, because it involves strong bleaching agents that are professionally applied. Although, you can have satisfying results from one visit, you may need other visits for more dramatic results.
- Home bleaching from your dentist : Your dentist can provide you with a customized tray and bleaching gel to apply at home. In this case, the dentist will give you instructions on the amount of whitening gel to put on the tray, and the duration of the application. This method may take from few days to few weeks to show the desired results.
- Over the counter whitening products : You may find a lot of options online or in the grocery shop of teeth whitening products. If you are willing to try them you should talk to your dentist so he can recommend an effective product. Because these products generally have less bleaching agents concentration, so they may not be as affective as in-office whitening.
Is whitening suitable for everyone ?
Although teeth whitening is a safe procedure, it may not be suitable for some cases like :
- Patients under the age of 16, also pregnant and lactating women.
- Sensitive teeth, and gum disease. You should talk to your dentist first.
- Decay, exposed roots and worn enamel (may cause sensitivity).
- Filling, crowns, veneers and other restoration (bleaching has no effect on it).