What is Stomach Botox?
Stomach botox or gastric botox is the injection of Botulinum toxin (botox) into specific muscles of the stomach. With this method, the nerves and muscles that regulate the appetite and hunger mechanism in the stomach are temporarily neutralized. Thus, appetite decreases, as the stomach contracts less than usual, the duration of satiety is longer. With less food, it stays full for longer.
Stomach botox is a good alternative to lose weight without surgery in our clinic in Istanbul Turkey.
What is the procedure of stomach botox ?
Stomach botox is an endoscopic non surgical procedure. First, the patient will receive sedation to minimize any discomfort. Then, endoscopic tube (gastroscope) is inserted into the stomach. The gastroscope will help see the areas of the stomach to inject the botox.
After the device reaches the stomach, the surgeon will inject Botulinum toxin (botox) into certain parts of the stomach. This process takes an average of 20 minutes. At the end, the patient will rest 1-2 hours after the procedure for observation, then, he/she can go home.
You may need to have 2 or 3 botox injections to achieve the desired result.
What is the Process After Stomach Botox?
Stomach botox being nonsurgical procedure, does not have side effects. So the patient can go back to his daily life immediately. However, we recommend to avoid heavy food during the first few days to allow the stomach get used to the new conditions. Here are some point you need to know
- Appetite begins to decrease 3 days after the operation and this effect lasts for 4-6 months.
- You should pay attention your food and follow the diet given by your surgeon.
- After the operation, excessive fatty fast food style foods should be avoided.
- The effect of botox used for stomach botox disappears after six months and the stomach returns to its normal function. So you need to continue your healthy lifestyle to maintain the results.
Who can have stomach botox ?
Gastric botox is a nonsurgical procedure that helps lose excess weight. However, it may not be effective in all overweight or obesity cases, and that’s because of its limited effect. So people who can benefit from stomach injections are individuals :
- With body masse index (BMI) between 27,5 and 40.
- Who have no stomach problem such as stomach ulcer.
- Willing to commit to a special diet program for at least 4 months.
- Who want to lose 10 to 20 kg of their weight.
Does stomach botox have side effects ?
Botox has been used for long time to treat some ocular problems, neurological diseases,to fight wrinkles and excess sweating. So it is technically a safe material to use in the body. However, the patient may feel a little discomfort the first ew days until the stomach get used to it.